Saturday, March 15, 2008

Burn it Up!

I don't know if it's just me....

But it seems that the Dance Fever is hitting Brunei.

Or is it just me?

Hahahahahaha. Before any of you guys go "Whaaat?"

I mean, if you're from JIS, or from ISB, think about it! JIS people, we had our valentines social barely a month ago at the Baze, and there were people tearing up the dance floor. And then, just Thursday, our first house dance competition (which I have to congratulate green house on winning) where in i think a space of two weeks? Intense choreography sessions led to major sweet moves being pulled off. And yesterday, being at the Mosque and all for Friday prayers, I missed out on amazing Hip-hop routines and ballet dances at lunchtime. I saw pictures and I repeat, amazing! And for ISB, remember the BGIC closing party(Which by the was awesome) at the Baze? You can't tell me that THAT was not fun, everyone was dancing, and it was shit-crazy. Not to mention, when Crank That by Soulja Boy came on, everyone on the dance floor was the doing the Soulja Boy, you know, when he goes "Yooooouuuu" and jumps side to side, yeah, and that was cool!

Hahaha, and basically, everyone I know now is so into dancing now. But the dance styles vary.... Even though most of them are street based.

  • Shuffling
  • Krumping
  • Popping
Just listed the three most popular styles today, hahahaha. What seriously compelled me to write this post was when i saw Missy Eliot's new video, "Ching A Ling".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjIlocYE_Wc


And there were the Japanese dancers featured in the video. They style they were dancing is "Popping", and i find it awesome the way they can synchronise their movements. And I was that was the stuff right there! And I got so intrigued, I even searched up these Japanese Dancers. They're called "U-Min" and they're the really popular in Japan cause they won some dance tourney. But seriously, these guys' routines are bitching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvBpE0eiOr8

hahaha. I don't know about you guys, but i'm into the whole dance scene now, and i really want it to bloom here in Brunei.

If you see some person dancing around Gadong or something. Don't judge. Might be me.

Hahahahaha.

So I leave you with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! so i'm sure you've heard about the JIS BAZE Night in may?

me and my french buddies are thinking of going but we weren't sure how it will go...

plus its $70... but its nothing if its really going to be SUPER like in those dance sessions that you mentioned...